May 30, 2005

medevac

not much going on around here... the weather is cooling off, with highs in the mid-90's. i worked at the Contingency Aeromedical Staging Facility (CASF)(like an emergency room for people flying out of country because of wounds) last night. helping carry and care for my injured brothers-in-arms was a powerful experience, and i'll be going back there again to help out. the people who work at the clinic are just about the nicest people on base. in other news, i signed up for the 150 mile run at the gym; so far i've got a little over 20 miles done. i guess when i finish i'll get a rad t-shirt. no attacks today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I read your posts it is impossible not to think of how the events you write about will change your life forever. The images of what you see--will they fill your dreams when you return? The sounds, the smells, the feelings that you've encountered...how will you find room in your mind (your psyche) where they will fit comfortably...will they ever fit "comfortable"...should they?!

I could weep as I write to you, wishing so much that you were home, safe and sound, and of course, knowing that's not realistic. At the same time, wanting to honor and respect the choices you've made. (Taking great comfort in my perception of your ability to keep yourself safe from harm, however much that is humanly possible, given the context of where you are. I'm reminded of critical events in my own young adulthood and recognize how much they framed who and what I am...wanting the same for you. (Though, admittedly, not wanting you to have pain, sorrow,or to suffer and knowing they are inevitable parts of growing, learning, melding into who you are).

I wish you well today. You're never more than a moment out of my thoughts. Stay well, be safe. I love you.
Mom

12:30 PM, May 31, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home